Friday, January 6, 2012

Here We Go... Again

I know I'm not the most consistent blogger. I read a lot of blogs, and it isn't as if I don't have anything to say. If you know me in real life then you know I'm a chatterbox. Unless of course you work with me. Then you must be wondering, what chatterbox? Amy is a quiet gal and doesn't have much to say. But that's another topic. :)

I know I said that I was starting Atkins back up a couple of months ago but my DH (darling husband) pointed out I wanted to start a week before Thanksgiving. After thinking about it, we both agreed to wait until the new year. Trying to start (ok, restart) a major life change like this right before the holidays wasn't my best idea.

So I've been spending the past few days really researching the low carb life style. I've utitlized the Atkins website which is free and full of tips and support. I also found another website for low carbers that offers forums where I've found tons of support as well. Steve and I will be starting this on the 10th because I really wanted to understand what I'm doing. Especially since I learned that the Atkins way of life has been updated and a new book came out.

I was able to get my hands on the new book (new atkins for a new you). Very interesting. Tons of new science to back up the diet and things have been tweaked to accomodate new studies that have been done. Something that is emphasized is that Atkins is not a high protein diet. It's a high veggie, moderate protein diet. You do eat a lot of yummy protein but the focus is the veggies. Which I love veggies so that makes me happy. :)

I have some goals for 2012. As my bff Nicky has said in the past,"No more b.s. excuses" I'm done making them. I have to own myself and what I do.

Pray for me. Cheer me on. The moral support really does help.

Love to you all!

~Amy

3 comments:

  1. I love this Amy!!! Really though a chatterbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy for sharing. I am on day 6 of Atkins..I hope to god this works! I've been staying under 20grams of carbs a day, and I'm not going to weigh myself until I've done it for 10 days, as I am known to get very discouraged if I don't see IMMEDIATE results..so gonna just wait a bit and hopefully there will be some much needed lbs. off of my short frame soon! Lisa Burke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll pray for your efforts! HUGS

    ReplyDelete